Wednesday 25 May 2011

CHISWICK HOUSE

Today I cycled to Chiswick House with its fabulous Italianate gardens, complete with urns and sphinxes and Cedar trees. One of my favourite spots. I like the composition and most of the colours. Unfortunately I failed to capture the dead blackness that occurs on the underside of of the branches of a Cedar tree in the bright sunshine.  


In the afternoon I painted on the riverbed in Putney. This charming little blue hut sits at the end of the rising and falling pontoon that the Putney ferry pulls up at. Again the tide and weather changed a bit, but I was quite pleased with the final picture as it captured the atmosphere of the day. Putney Bridge is beyond, and in the very distance it's just possible to see my favourite bridge, the steel footbridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment