Monday 20 February 2012

BARNES POND UNDER ICE

I've painted Barnes Pond several times before. This little picture (24cm x 30) was painted from a photo, over the weekend. I like the composition, in particular the strong shadow to the right of the building which reflects across the ice. It seems to tie the buildings and their reflections together. I regret including the ducks/gulls!!!! I do like the pointillies, or taches (the dotty and dashy strokes). This is the painting style I want to develop further, quite loose, pointilles, taches, some sharp palette knife edges and lines and some nice flat palette knife smudges... 

1 comment:

  1. Good morning Ian.
    It`s a lovely painting. I like your what you call pointillies. I think your paintings show up too small Ian. When you click on them they don`t come up larger either. It`s a brilliant painmting and it needs it`s true worth showing. All the best Ian.
    Vic.

    ReplyDelete