Thursday 1 December 2011

NOVEMBER WRAP-UP

I've spent the past 10 days in the studio working up paintings of local scenes. 

Sleeping fan
So called, due to a figure on the right of the cricket screen, laying on the ground, fast asleep. This is Putney Heath in the summer. Oil on canvas 24cm x 60.


Boathouse sunset
Oil on canvas 30cm x 40.


Farm buildings - winter sunset
I got my palette knife sharpened for this one and really had some fun trying to capture the shaft of light. Oil on canvas 24cm x 30.


Hotel Splendide - Lobby
Oil on canvas 24cm x 30.


Shop reflections - Richmond
Oil on canvas 24cm x 30.


Tree on Richmond green
Oil on canvas 30cm x 40.


Waterman's Green slipway
Oil on canvas 24cm x 30.


3 comments:

  1. Ian, these are great! I do like the way you keep your colours crisp, fresh and direct. There is something very uplifting about your work too...the quality of light being a key element. Excellent stuff. Maybe see you at the ROI PV?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw you have been busy! I agree with David, these are great! My favourites are the cricket one, the hotel, and the shop reflections. Great tonal work and light effect. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you David and Valerie, it's really good to have some feedback. I'm getting a feel for what works in the pursuit of light in a picture, but I have to admit it's not always possible to achieve. More practicing required!

    ReplyDelete