Tuesday 5 July 2011

THREE BRIDGES

Another lovely day and a chance to get out on the road. First stop, the riverbed near Mortlake railway bridge, a monument to Victorian steel work. While I was painting, a steam train puffed across it. No I hadn't been eating magic mushrooms! I guess it was one of those heritage trains. I would have caught the billowing steam trailing in its wake, but there wasn't any! Obviously burning some kind of smokeless coal ;-( First picture 8.00 - 9.30 captures the mood well. Rather poor paint strokes though. Second picture 10.00 - 11.30 has some nicer strokes, but some of the tones are a bit jumpy. Around lunchtime I cycled further on, to Strand on the green and captured a pretty scene looking down river. My first serious stab at using cobalt blue, rather than ultramarine. Boy have I been missing something!





No comments:

Post a Comment