Monday 4 July 2011

RICHMOND & RIVERBED

Last Friday I cycled over to Richmond Park and had another go at the group of buildings behind the Royal Ballet School. I think the picture lacks style, the buildings are a bit 'stiff' and the darks are not quite dark enough, but the chromas are good and the composition OK.


This morning I walked down on the riverbed near Putney Park and captured this view of the floating bird sanctuaries, just as the tide was ebbing. I like the composition and managed to catch the quality of the early morning light shining on the orange block of flats and footbridge. Got a bit lazy with the drawing detail and the foreground. The sun was shining directly on my palette and my canvas, so I was struggling a bit trying to get the overall colour/tone balance correct, but I think it worked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment