Saturday 25 June 2011

CHELSEA POWER STATION

I discovered a great little painting location half way down some steps to the riverbed and out of view from passers by. The sun was right behind me but I was in shadow, so perfect in every way. Each of the power station's walls that were facing me appeared to be at exactly 45 degrees to the sun so there was no apparent tonal difference between them, so quite difficult to describe the form. I think the composition works well, as do the colours. Disappointed that I didn't manage to capture the roundness of the chimneys or the form of the barge. Otherwise an attractive picture I think. Oil on canvas 24 x 30cm.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely reflections on this one! It could have been done by Sisley. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your positive comment Valérie. As I'm sure you're aware, there's often one passage of a painting that works out well, but rarely every passage. Guess that's the motivation that keeps us going!

    ReplyDelete