Thursday 29 March 2012

PLEIN AIR PETERSHAM MEADOW

Today I spent a day at Petersham Meadow with some painters from SOFAP (sofap.co.uk). I started the day early with a 24 x 30cm picture of the cottage opposite Petersham Nursery.


Then a general view looking across the meadow and up to Richmond Hill. This was my least successful painting of the day. I've painted this view before in Summer. It works better when the tree is in full leaf.


After lunch... just an apple... I forgot my sandwiches! I painted a delightful tree in blossom. Again, a subject I painted in my first plein air session of 2011.


Then finally, the cow barn. Was feeling quite relaxed and getting into the flow of things by this time. I think this is the best pic of the day. Very satisfied that I managed to capture the feeling of the late afternoon sun.




1 comment: